I wish you could all do your shopping for meals the way I do. I walk out to the shed, open the cooler and look around to see what we have picked. The other night, I decided that I had seen so many beautiful purple peppers that I needed to cook something with these – even though not a single person in my family like bell peppers. What a shame, because they are beautiful.
- 1 purple pepper
- 1 yellow tomato
- 1 red tomato
- 1 onion
- 1 pound bacon
- 2 pounds chicken
- 1/2 cup marsala
- 1 T fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook bacon on medium heat. Remove from pan and place on paper towel covered plate.
2. Drain bacon grease, leaving 2 – 3 Tbs in the pan. This is usually enough to coat the bottom.
3. Dice onion, peppers, and tomatoes.
4. Place diced onions in the pan with bacon grease. Lightly salt and cook until onions have carmelized.
5. Add peppers and let cook until peppers are soft.
6. Meanwhile, cook noodles in boiling water.
7. Once peppers are soft and onions carmelized, add 1/4 cup marsala cooking wine and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce and let simmer for 5 minutes.
8. At this point add in chicken and bacon. I cooked a couple of whole chickens the day before and added my pre-cooked, cut chicken.
9. Serve over noodles. I did not snap a picture of this step because we were too busy eating!